All information transiting the NU-Telecom Internet is unrestricted, unless it is listed as unacceptable under this policy. It is the policy of NU-Telecom to provide its subscribers electronic access to the broadest possible number of organizations connected to the Internet. This is accomplished through connectivity to one or more state, multi-state, regional, or national “backbone” networks. All information that exists on the NU-Telecom network and traverses the numerous other networks to which NU-Telecom is directly or indirectly connected, must conform to the acceptable use policies governing those networks. NU-Telecom is not responsible for the contents distributed by the Internet. In order to provide the best service to all customers on our network, disconnection for the system will occur if there is no activity for a period of 20 minutes.
NU-Telecom reserves the right to cancel Internet services at any time.
It is the responsibility of individual subscribers or subscriber organizations to:
- Respect the privacy of other users and not to seek information pertaining to other users without their explicit permission. This includes, but is not limited to, personal data, passwords, access to confidential files, or modification of files belonging to other users.
- Use the network service in a manner that is consistent with ethical practice and accepted community standards.
It is the responsibility of all subscribers or subscriber organizations to respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs, data, and other information that may be accessible over the NU-Telecom network.
Unacceptable Use Policy
It is not acceptable to use the NU-Telecom network for any purpose:
- which would violate any applicable laws or regulations
- where the meaning of the message or the content of a file would likely be highly offensive to the recipient or recipients
- which makes unauthorized entry into other computational, information storage, or communications devices or resources
- which propagate computer worms, viruses, or transmissions of any type which cause disruption to disable or otherwise impede the recipient’s facilities or equipment
- to make distribution of unsolicited advertising
- which causes disruption of service due to facilities overload (spamming)
- to engage in reselling the service
NU-Telecom Management or its designee will review alleged violations of this policy on a case-by-case basis. A violation may result in denying the user access to the network, termination of access to all service, and forfeiture of all fees paid. Evidence of illegal activities will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
NU-Telecom, Inc. reserves the right to modify pricing or any portion of this policy at any time. Subscribers will receive prompt notification of all changes.